Life lately has been hectic and crazy and busy without much down time. The down time that I do find between the working, tutoring, working out, and trying to keep my house more in the realm of pigsty than disaster zone is spent falling asleep on the couch (happened two nights ago) or falling asleep while trying to read or write a post in bed (never a good idea to climb into bed and turn off the lights while tired thinking you’re going to get something else done). That being said, this post would be boring if I ended it there, and I’m sure there’s more I’ve had going on than just the boring four things mentioned above, so here’s what I’m currently doing (thanks Amy for your post like this that motivated me to write mine)…
Eating (or wanting to eat):
1. Loaded Bowl: These are my favorite to make because they’re so easy. I put about 3/4 cup of quinoa at the bottom of a bowl, cover that with a small layer of black beans, cut cherry tomatoes in half and put those on top, and then cube half of an avocado. I cover that in lime juice and then mix olive oil and white vinegar to taste and pour that on top.
2. Hungry Greek takeout (our favorite): Is it bad that the people there know me by name when I walk in the door?
3. Recipes from Jessica Seinfeld’s “The Can’t Cook Book“: I haven’t actually made anything from it yet, but when it came in my POPSUGAR Must Haves box this month I went through it that very day and found about 90/100 to make ASAP.
1. Endurance Planet podcasts: When I don’t need to hold a certain pace on a run I listen to the ones that interest me
3. Spotify’s 90’s Channel: It always brings back memories from high school and middle school. I’ll have flashbacks of laying on my bed listening to the radio waiting for a certain song to add to a friend’s mixed tape. Oh goodness what a big day it was when the CD burner came out!
1. Nike tempo shorts and lululemon cool racerback tank tops: That’s my running uniform
2. LOFT dresses: I loaded up on dresses when LOFT had sales this summer, and they’ve been rotating in and out each day. I’m starting to wonder if the kids and other teachers have noticed that there’s very little else that I wear.
3. And otherwise, whatever is clean and I can piece together into an outfit. Honesty?
1. Football! It’s my favorite. I leave football on all day Saturday and Sunday and Monday and Thursday night, and it makes me sad on the days there is no football. I think it just reminds me of home…
2. Million Dollar Listings LA: I’m always torn between whether I like that one or New York better.
3. Ironman Kona on the internet and recaps and interviews on YouTube. I learned a lot watching that race, and I keep meaning to post about it.
1. Getting the Athlete Guide in my Email for Rev3! It’s less than three weeks away! I’m so excited but so nervous at the same time. Getting the Athlete Guide makes it real! And there was a lot of stuff in it that made me even more nervous. For instance, there’s only ONE wave for all non-pro women?!
2. Hanging out with friends. I am so lucky, and for my birthday I had a big group of friends get together at Brio for dinner, and a bunch of us went over to the English pub across the way afterwards. It meant so so much to me. Some of my friends I know through Tim came, and then a bunch of my running friends came. It meant so much that they made the effort and took the time to come. Thanks Tori, Patrick, Beth, Nick, Genna, Behn, Caitlyn, Beka, Mike, Jen, Josh, Kris, and of course Tim! Of course we forgot to get a picture, which I’m so sad about. The memories in my head will have to last. And what’s even more is that I received so many thoughtful gifts. Tori put together an Ironman Chattanooga Survival Training kit that I thought was so much fun. I’ve just kept it out on the counter (much to Tim’s dismay) taking things out of it as I want them.
And, this past weekend a group of girls that I’m lucky to be friends with because of Tim and his friends (girlfriends, wives, etc.) got together to go wine tasting and to lunch. We had a ball. They painted wine glasses before I got there, because I had to switch up my long ride and run this past weekend. But next time I want to paint a wine glass too!
3. My POPSUGAR Must Haves box for October. This box sealed the deal on me keeping my subscription even though the price went up $5. October’s box was fantastic. Between the cookbook I wanted already, the wetbrush I’ve been using and loving daily since the box came, the nail polish and makeup, and the Stitchfix gift card I was bowled over. All the other little things were just extra additions. It’s the only monthly box I do, but it’s my favorite monthly treat.
So, I guess I have more going on than working, workout out, and sleeping. Sometimes it’s nice to write it all out here so that I can be reminded of that.
What are you currently loving, watching, reading, doing, or cooking?