This week was one of the best weeks I have had in a long time. Because of the holiday yesterday I feel like it’s already the weekend or that tomorrow should be Monday, but with another weekend ahead it just adds more fun to the agenda. Here are my top 5 (+1) from this week:
1. I bought jalapeno & cilantro hummus on a Publix trip last weekend, and it has been my go to snack this week. It’s only a little spicy and has a lot of flavor. I’m not a cilantro person, but this cilantro flavor is a little muted. I’ve had similar flavors from other brands and they just don’t compete.
2. I’ve had a few Starbucks mornings this week, and they’re so enjoyable. This morning in particular I needed it. I slept a little too long last night, and a pick me up of this size was definitely necessary.
3. Some of those mornings have entailed watched the Tour de France. It’s so fun to watch this while knowing a little more about cycling. If nothing else I recognize a lot of these brand names that I hadn’t in the past. I’m getting into following the teams and learning about the hill stages versus the sprint stages. These guys are nuts. If I hit 22-23 mph for a split second with a tail wind or going down a hill I get nervous, but these guys are flying at 30-40+ mph. And riding in groups that large is just scary.
4. This week included several lunch dates with friends. On Tuesday I met up with my friend Emily at Seasons 52. I had to share a picture of the delicious sparking raspberry lemonade on Instagram. I couldn’t figure out how they made it, but I wanted to replicate it at home. We ate lunch, got our nails done, and did a little bit of shopping. I picked up these Old Navy shorts for $10; I can’t complain about that!
5. I met up with Beka on Wednesday for lunch at Oxford Exchange. Neither one of us had been there and had heard so much about it that we wanted to try it. It is a really cool restaurant/shop/coffee bar in the downtown/University of Tampa area. They have a bookstore, an Anthropologie-esque accessories shop, a restaurant, and a coffee and tea bar. Beka and I agreed that we felt like it was more of a trendy city ambiance, but it was fun to experience that in Tampa. I was impressed with the food, but the iced coffee that I got at the coffee bar tasted a little strong to me. It’s always nice too to be able to catch up with friends that I run with in a non-running environment.
6 (because I can’t pick just 5). I love holidays because we can throw in another long ride or run. Yesterday I met up with Beth again for the 42 mile route up to Anderson Snow Park and back. This was the first time I’ve officially hit 40 miles on my Garmin, and I even added one to that. 41 miles at 17 mph. And to say that there was a headwind for the last 10 miles would have been an understatement. We seriously wanted to just stop riding. But, the whole day was so much fun.
Beth and I caught up a little and talked about the Tour de France (Beth is playing fantasy Tour de France) in between tips Beth gave me for riding. She’s been riding quite a bit longer, so she had lots of tips to share. I even became one step closer to a pro road biker by removing the visor from my helmet that I’ve learned is very apparent of a newbie. Oops! Newbie no more! And Beth even demonstrated a fall for me when not unclipping at a stop sign. It was so nice of her. 😀
What a great week it has been, and I can’t wait to see how the weekend unfolds. Hopefully Tim will get a lot of schoolwork done today (he’s off) so maybe we’ll be able to see Despicable Me 2.
What’s one of your favorite moments or things from this week?