It’s Friday again! These weeks are flying by. I really need to get on the ball more with housework. I’ve still got two huge baskets of clean laundry to put away and a dryer that I keep “fluffing” so the wrinkles will get out…and then I wait and repeat the cycle again. I’m sure I’m not the only one.
But that’s neither here nor there. Here are my top five things today.
1. I couldn’t decide whether to go with this one first or last, but since it’s pretty much the moment I’ve been waiting for for three months, I’ll stick with first. You may know that I used to be a runner way back in March and before. Or you may not. Since then I’ve been a pretty committed cyclist/swimmer. But, for the first time, one month from my last doctor’s appointment, I get to run tomorrow! I mean, it’s only 20 minutes, and it won’t be fast, but it’ll be a run. And hopefully all goes well and from there there will be more runs building on that one. I hope. Mary is going to help me with a comeback plan, but I’m wondering what you’ve done to come back from a running injury? How slow is slow when you’re getting back from a stress fracture?
2. All week I’ve been treating myself to Starbucks and the sandwich that I didn’t learn about until last week but apparently isn’t new. It’s a whole wheat English muffin with egg whites and turkey bacon. And it’s delicious. To go with that most mornings this week I’ve been flipping on my favorite morning shows (Today, Kelly & Michael, and Price is Right). I love breaks from school because of the ability to relax in the mornings. And when I’ve been working out, I just record them and pretend they’re live when I get home.
3. I’ve been making a bunch of new recipes this week for lunches and dinners. My husband has definitely been happy about it, but I’ll admit that I like eating more at home than getting takeout a bunch too. Plus, I figured out a way to find easy recipes without a lot of expensive ingredients. The BBQ chopped chicken, bacon, and apple salad above was especially good. I also really liked the chunky Greek hummus plate I shared on Instagram earlier this week too.
4. I’m a sucker for “free with purchase” things if it’s the right thing. And this water bottle from Nuun was the right thing. You got it free with a 4 pack purchase, and since Nuun helps me drink more water, it was worth the purchase. I love these water bottles. I have the original blue one too, and it’s my go to water bottle for the bike. And the watermelon was just too cute to pass up…
5. I’m also excited for upcoming weekend plans that I made this week! This weekend I’m looking forward to meeting up again with Beth to ride our bikes. She got a new tri bike that I’m going to stare at jealously. And then next weekend I’m going to a BodyCombat/BodyPump release workout with Tori (Hey Les Mills! It’s been a while!) and a blogger’s party for the Best Damn Race. So much to look forward to!
What’s on your Top Five list?
What do your weekend plans include?