I opened up Facebook this morning and saw Chelsey’s post in my news feed. I went to bed last night with complete write’s block and hadn’t been able to think of anything of any significance to write about. When I saw her fun facts, I decided that I would write some fun facts about myself too.
So here goes…
1. I don’t watch much television during the week, because I can’t get into shows very easily. Every single show I watch comes on either Sunday night or Monday night. Between Downton Abbey, Girls, Kortney and Kim take Miami (it’s true…), The Bachelor, and Biggest Loser, I have a week’s full of shows right there. But I never want to wait to watch them. I watch them all the night they come on or the day after. The worst part about that? It makes me want Sunday and Monday night to come faster! Who wishes away time for those two days for Pete’s sake?
2. Lauren made something for me for the baby shower that I’m throwing this weekend, and she texted me about picking it up and said we could do HH. I had no idea that stood for Happy Hour. We’re meeting tonight, and I’m excited! This will be one of my first Happy Hour only experiences! Do you happy hour a lot? Can I use Happy Hour as a verb?
3. I got an email from Victoria’s Secret yesterday with some new sweatshirts they have that I love. Because I teach middle school, though, I look at the “Pink” on the shirt and wonder id I’m getting too old for it. Probably, right?
4. I bought a Keurig yesterday after talking about my Starbucks obsession. I also bought some pods to go in it. And then I boiled extra eggs last night when I made cobb salad for dinner. But I left the Keurig in the car overnight, and what do you think I had for breakfast? Starbucks…last time! I’m declaring it here. I will setup that Keurig tonight and won’t have Starbucks again for the whole month of February. Not once.
|Whole Living Cobb Salad|
5. I made cobb salad for dinner last night with chicken, turkey bacon, avocado, tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, and a delicious dressing. It was one of my favorite meals of the week, and it was really easy! I’d say it’s lean, green, and clean too.
6. We refinanced our house in January, and somehow that ended up meaning we don’t have a house payment this month because it got wrapped into something (I’m not a mortgage broker…). I should totally be saving all of that money, but I have all these things I want to buy instead. I’m definitely going to save at least half of it.
7. I’m talking with someone about transitioning to WordPress. I’ll probably do it this month. I’m also going to join Katy’s Challenge and work on some other sprucing up in my social media accounts.
8. I’m playing SuperBowl squares again this year for Sunday, and it makes watching the game that much more fun. I ended up with some good numbers, so I’m excited for the chance of being one of the winners. I’m not very lucky with work pools, so hopefully this is the weekend that changes!
9. I have a Facebook Page that I don’t talk much about, but I’m trying to post there more frequently and make it another platform to talk with you on. Does your blog have a Facebook page?
10. It’s Friday! In case you weren’t aware? I told a student on Monday afternoon to have a good weekend, so that’s the pace that this week has kept for me! Enjoy your weekend! I’m running a 10k, hosting a baby shower, and going to a Superbowl party! What are you up to?
A Few February Goals and some link love from this week…
I didn’t make January Goals and kind of regret it, so I’m going to do a few goals for February.
1. No Starbucks at all for the whole month after today. Make breakfast and coffee at home.
2. Read a book. One. Even two if I like the first one. But start with one.
3. Run a four mile or longer run at sub 9 minute mile average pace.
4. Run a 5k. PR it.
5. Start a clean eating plan and make the changes necessary to stick with it.
Kat spoke truth in regards to friendships at high moments in life.
Lindsay wrote about grocery shopping and prep to prepare the week.
Though not an individual blogger, Mary shared a great post from BlueGlass about community engagement for blogging.
Clare shared some social media tips I appreciated (I must be really into learning about blogging right now).
Jesica talked about being the runner you are instead of comparing yourself to others.
And lastly, Janae shared an insane video of Galen Rupp running at cheetah-like speeds after running a 3:50 mile. His workout after that is awe-inspiring.