Dear weekend, it’s a mixed bag that you’re here. I’m excited to have a break from work, but with a 20 miler on tap for Sunday, I’m a ball of nerves. Dear Holiday Halfathon, I’m excited that 13.1 of those miles will be spend with 1,000 other people so I don’t feel alone. Plus, the bib is super personalized and really nice.
Dear Target, sorry your Neiman Marcus collaboration wasn’t as popular as some of your previous ones. I have to say that there were a few gems, but I was disappointed in quite a few pieces. The Altuzarra tray, though, is killer; I’m in love. Dear Tuesday at 3:20, I’m ready for you. You signify the last day of school before exams and then winter break. I’m ready for some rest and catching up on life. Hurry? Dear Christmas decorations, I love having you out right now! You’re so pretty and sparkly. You make me understand why people want to leave them out longer than just the month of December.
Dear Taylor Swift, Nice work on your song “I Knew You Were Trouble“. You probably don’t need my approval, but that song has been stuck in my head for the last three days and I don’t mind one bit. Dear Tim, I hope you enjoy your break from school for the next month. I’m sure it’s nice to come home from work and not have to immediately head up to study. I’m glad you get some time to do the things you enjoy. I love you and can’t wait to have our first married Christmas together. Dear anyone racing this weekend, good luck! Have fun!
In addition to Friday’s Letters, I’m trying out High Five for Friday, where I list five of my favorite things lately:
1. I scored a Starbucks mug on Monday that gets me a free coffee fill everyday in January. For a Starbucks addict like me, that’s the most thrilling thing of the week. It’s the little things.
2. Plugging in our Christmas tree each day when I get home from work. Staring at the tree and adding ornaments as we get them puts me in such a good mood.
3. That Target Altuzarra tray is beautiful, and the price is great compared to what I normally see these pretty trays going for.
4. $3 smart phone compatible gloves that are so cute that I have to buy three pairs because I can’t decide which to buy can’t be beat.
5. Downton Abbey is such a great show! My sister turned me on to it, and I’ve already finished the first season on Amazon Prime. I’ll probably get a good start on season two this weekend. If you’ve not watched it, you must! It’s a winner.
How long is your run this weekend? Have you put up your tree?
What are you looking forward to for this weekend? Have you watched Downton Abbey?