Hi! I’m Kristin! You can typically find me posting over at Skinny Jeans & a Chai Latte. I am so thrilled to be guest posting for Meghan while she’s away in Hawaii on her honeymoon! Meghan and I both trained for our first half marathons, and believe it or not, she was my inspiration to run one! Since Meghan is such a fitness inspiration, it is only appropriate that I give you some of my health tips!
After returning from a major California trip (which was simultaneously a week long eating and drinking binge), starting a new job, and doing the Whole 30, I have had to adjust my lifestyle in order to juggle working out, working my day job, and eating healthy.
Everyone really has to find something that works for them. Personally, I’ve found that I thrive off having two primary things:
- A race to train for (meaning I’ve signed up and essentially committed)
- A printed, tangible training plan
- Have a race to train for and a printed training plan in place!
- Use the gym for treadmill, biking, group classes, etc. Anything to keep you active and often beat the heat or chill!
- Hit up the farmer’s market!
- Take extra time to make lunches and smoothies for the next work days