But instead of dwelling on yesterday and its remnants, I’m thinking back to my weekend in Anna Maria. In particular, I’m thinking of riding beach cruisers along the deserted sidewalks. It was so relaxing, and it made me want to escape to a place where I could a bike could take me anywhere I needed to get.
And while I can’t really escape to that kind of place today (or anytime in the forseeable future), I can delight in the little things that have kept me going through the last two days:
- yesterday was two stamp Tuesday at the build your own yogurt place…this of course meant that I had to stop on the way home.
- it’s taper week for the half marathon that i’m running this weekend. that means 2 miles yesterday and no running today. sometimes it’s nice to have a break.
- my birthday is sunday, so i keep getting things in the mail to celebrate: so far i’ve racked up $15 to LOFT, a free drink at Starbucks, and $10 to Victoria’s Seret. i’m just hoping for something from anthro.
- my mom is officially coming to my race this weekend. i can’t wait to see her and i can’t wait for her to see my race.
- i signed up to have my splits post to twitter as i’m running the race this weekend. i’m so excited to be able to share with some of the people that have been so supportive.
What’s gotten you through the last few days? Fill me in!